The Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California (also referred to as “The Tribe”) is a federally recognized Tribe with reservation lands and communities in Northwest Nevada (Carson City County and Douglas County) and Northeastern California (Alpine County).
The legal services will be rendered to The Washoe Tribal Housing Authority (WHA) which is owned and operated by the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California. The WHA is located at 1559 1588 Watasheamu Drive, Gardnerville, NV 89460.
The WHA is committed to enhancing the quality of life of all of American Indians by providing housing and related services.
Scope of Work
The successful bidder will be capable of and expected to provide or to develop, without limitation, the following services:
- Provide legal advice on Native American housing issues.
- Provide legal advice on personnel and employment issues.
- Provide input and assist in drafting/updating policies and procedures.
- Participate in monthly Board of Commissioners meetings.
- Available for reasonable telephone and email consultations.
- Provide assistance related to government housing grants.
Those responding should have at least the following qualifications or interest to learn:
- Experience working with the Native American Tribes.
- A background in Nevada and California labor laws.
- Background dealing with issues related to Housing (HUD) grants.
- Experience with tenant rights and eviction issues.
- Employment law experience.
- Tribal law and conveyance experience.
- Willingness to attend WHA monthly board meetings in Gardnerville, NV.
- Experience with Nevada and California landlord laws.
Firms or individuals responding must submit the following:
- An itemized bid amount, to complete the scope of work.
- Date available to start the scope of work.
- If applying for Indian preference, include necessary qualifying documentation:
- Three (3) references
To be considered, each responder must submit a complete response to this RFP including:
- Transmittal Letter
- Education and Experience
- Professional Resume & References
- Expected remuneration for contracted services.
Term of Agreement
The Contract which may arise from this RFP (“the Proposal”) will be for a period of twenty-four (24) months with one (1) option to renew for one (1) additional twelve (12) month period.
Proposals must be received (not postmarked) not later than 4:00 p.m. (PST) on September 30, 2019. Late proposals will be rejected. Proposals may be mailed to: 1588 Watasheamu Road, Gardnerville, Nevada 89410. Proposals may also be hand-delivered to: Washoe Tribe Headquarters Building located at 919 US Hwy. 395 North, Gardnerville, Nevada ATTN: Washoe Tribal Housing – Legal Counsel Services.